Friday, December 12, 2008

Girl With The Red Faux Hawk.

Ahh yes, you are correct. I am no longer the girl with the red faux hawk anymore. I am a busy, busy girl with lots on the go. I'm dealing with a particularily difficult break up, but I know it's for the best. Today has assured me of that. My friend John yesterday was talking about God, and his religion, and how he follow it... It really enlightened me into thinking that maybe I just have to let some stuff go. Leave it up to a higher power, if there is one. So I think that this break up will be good. Yeah, I still love him. Maybe I always will love that little boy... but Joel is definitely no longer my boyfriend, and I most certainly have to accept that. It's the time for new and exciting opportunities. It's time to reconnect with old friends (or soulmates, Ie: you). It's time to focus on my music, on my band, on my schoolwork, on my work work, on my future. I think I'm going to start a blog and talk about all of this. Maybe I'll make this my first entry. I want to maybe go to Montreal for a bit after grad... just to see what it's like. I'm going places. I know I am. I have to be. You'll always be in my heart, dear. Of course our friendship will never end.

P.S. I still haven't forgiven Katie for burning our biscuits.


From: rolo_grl@hotmail.comTo: what.are.we.going.to.do.about.the.usa@hotmail.com Subject: Hey. You. Girl with the red faux hawk. Read me =DDate: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:00:15 +0000
.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}
Hello Darling. So, the bell for lunch is about to ring. I've bene in spare all block though, sort of attempting to study for a test on Romans + the renaissance coming up after lunch, but my mind turned to food and old emails. I went through your folder, reading this from as far back as 2004. Do you realise how we used to talk? It is truly almost ridiculous. ^^ I also waded my way through some deep, long letters between us that have re-established our friendship during times of trouble. I read through the e-mails you sent me when I was missing. And, it made me remember everything.We never talk anymore, but I understand why. Things are so busy, life is so busy. But I am pretty sure I have a good ten minutes a day to simply dedicate writing to you, so I am going to. It was our friendship that shaped me, and ultimately saved me. I don't know if I ever told you that. And although I am well aware of the fact that just because we don't have consistent and stable communication, that doesn't mean our friendship will ever fade, I am definitely sure that I want to know what's going on with you at any given moment for every given moment. And I might get to talk a bit about myself too =P.Ah, the PA system is calling me for a Grad committee meeting. I wonder how long I can ignore it for.I've completely stopped using MSN, for various reasons. There's been some deep problems that have just bgeun to resurface, so I've been limiting my interactions. But your stories about your day always bring a smile to my face. Remember that very old one from... April 2004, about your day off from school cleaning, SP's Shut Up #1 on the countdown, etc? I think you should do more of that. Just a suggestion, but you could compile a book of memoirs full of just those stories. It would be brilliant and effortless, not interfering with your rockstardom at all.I know we're professional, busy adults now, but I also know that in me there's some young girl that loved the black light in her room and Red Rain almost as much as Red Bull, and in you there's some odd chick with a bright red faux hawk to match her bright red guitar. And secretly, I think our happy place is in that Home Ec room, failing terribly at any attempt at sewing and making fun of Katie for burning our biscuits. For me, that was the closest thing to home. So, tell me something, tell me anything, tell me everything. Everything you say is important, everything you say is intriguing, and everything you say makes me smile. Let's hear it, you lovely dankk you. Love,Amberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (To quote Mr. Gerein.)

No comments:

Post a Comment